Oz Career Gurus


Contact Us


+61 498 459 347 / +923001227337

Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday 10:30 am – 05:00 pm


Office No. 702, 7th Floor, Kohistan Tower, Saddar, Rawalpindi
54a Main Road, Moonah
Tasmania 7009
HWT Tower Level 23, 40 City Road,
Southbank VIC 3006

Frequently Asked Questions

Australian Immigration System is based on points testing and awarded for different factors. The applicant needs to obtain minimum 65 points (currently benchmark) and this can increase or decrease as per the economic indicator and demand of the specific occupation.
Any person from the age of 18 to 49 can apply for Australian PR visa and between 18 to 45 years of age you can get points of age as well.
YES, Applicants are required to show that they have the required English language proficiency for the visa they are applying for, or be exempt. In addition to achieving the required International English Language Test Score (IELTS) applicants can show that they meet the English language criteria by: Obtaining a score of at least ‘B’ in each component of the Occupational English Test (OET) & Holding a passport for the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, the Republic of Ireland or New Zealand From 23 November 2014, the department will accept test scores from two additional tests to IELTS across the Temporary Graduate, Skilled, Former Resident and Work and Holiday programmes. These are the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic. The department will also accept scores from the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test undertaken from 1 January 2015.
This all depends on the specific visa class and subclass. Generally the timelines vary from 6 months to 12 months subject to meeting all requirements and most importantly character checks.
Nothing prevents you from applying for more than one visa at a time. You will need to comply, in respect of each application, with all the requirements for the making of applications. This will usually involve you paying a separate visa fee for each application for main and any dependent applicants.
YES, surprisingly large number of applicants are unaware how strictly the immigration regulations are enforced and are often unnecessarily refused or delayed due to technical errors on their application or by submitting the erroneous supporting documentation. So the moral of the story is to consider seeking the professional guidance and independent advice of a Registered Migration Consultant (MARA) before lodging an application. Migration Consultant will to help you to find the best way through the immigration maze and are highly effective in doing so.
You cannot work while you are on visit visa. However, you can study upto 3 months and this could include any short course pertaining to English or some other field which you may like to study.
In some Immigration applications you need to provide original documents and generally for temporary residence applications you only need to send photocopies of originals. Generally Certified/Notarized documents are acceptable by the authorities.

YES! If you are in Australia, we can advise you on any migration matters, including helping you to:

  • Extend your current visa
  • Apply for a different visa as eligible
  • Become a Temporary or Permanent Resident of Australia
  • Become an Australian Citizen
  • Communicate with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
  • Deal with the cancellation of your visa
  • Appeal / Review of your case to Migration or Refugee Review Tribunal
  • Ministerial Intervention